|Registrations are now open for our ANZAC weekend workshop Building for Peace. Through this workshop, being held both in person and online, participants will be able to learn about some of the current challenges to peace, explore peaceful alternatives and – most importantly – take action!
As Australia positions itself for future conflicts, many of us feel outraged and helpless. But this need not be so. The right language, tools and actions can empower us, get our leaders to listen and bring about change. Our day of learning and action will equip you with some of those tools.
On the ANZAC weekend as we remember those who were killed in service of this country, Raising Peace invites you to join us in person and on-line, featuring the following events:
- Speakers and small group discussions
- Practicing non-violent communication
- Taking action for peace
Our speakers include:
- Dr Keith Suter with an overview of Australia’s geopolitical context
- Prof Wanning Sun on challenging the media narrative
- First Nations panellists on the Voice, Treaty and Makarrata.
Our festival will be both in person and online. Registrations are essential for both.
- Online participation: via Zoom
- In person: Quakers Meeting House, 119 Devonshire St, Surry Hills, Sydney. Close to Central Station.