Dear SCI friends,
As announced, EPM will take place next mid October in Finland. In order to organise this meeting we need a Prep Team consisting of 5 activists or staff members.
The main tasks of the Prep Team will be:
– Cooperate closely with the hosting branch, IS and IEC;
– Support finding sources of funding, as to support the implementation of the action;
– Decide how to include partners from Global South;
– Analyse outcomes of last EPM and propose topics for the EPM agenda;
– Find facilitators for specific sessions on core topics;
– Make sure tools and methods are adapted for a big meeting;
– Evaluate EPM and draft a Plan of Action after the meeting, inclusive of decisions to be presented at ICM.
In order for the Prep Team to be able to meet these objectives the members are expected to:
– Have advanced knowledge and experience about SCI;
– Have interest in exchange and/or North-South issues;
– Have experience in Prep Teams for other meetings (preferably EPM, EEM, NSPM);
– Be available to work on EPM from February 2018 on and to attend it (provisional date for the meeting are 15-21 of October 2018, yet to be checked with the hosting branch and the prep team)
If you are interested in joining the Prep Team of this very important meeting, send an email outlining your experience and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and no later than 4th of February.
The prep-team will be selected by the IEC and the results will be announced shortly.
Wish you all a nice day